Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tales from the Road: You know you're in BC when....

As many of you know, I am part of a touring group that brings opera to the masses.
This morning I awoke to find myself in Nanaimo. I thought it was perhaps a nightmare, and that the sensation would pass, but it didn't. Fortunately there was coffee, and as we were waiting in line I noticed that my cast-mate Raphael was wearing a lovely new dress. Here is an excerpt from our conversation.

"Raphael, I love your dress!"
"Thanks.... it's "Lotuswear" -- I got it at this place called "Karma". I was there the other week buying yoga pants, and I had to have it. Did you know it's made from 100% soy?"
"I didn't... hey Raph, coffee's on me - do you know what you want?"
"Yeah - can I get a grande non-fat latte with sugar-free vanilla syrup?"
"Sure... did you buy anything else on the weekend?"
"No...well, I did buy a pink camouflage rain jacket for my dog..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow

Anonymous said...

I saw a pug in line at Hagen Daas yesterday. Ulitmate cuteness.

Anonymous said...

I saw a pug in line at Hagen Daas yesterday. Ulitmate cuteness.

Schneewittchen said...

What! There is sugar-free vanilla syrup? Why wasn't I told about this? Sheesh.