Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Please leave a message

Ah, the joys of being 28 and temporarily unemployed. I have found myself at a crossroads - I am at the juncture of the diverging paths of the beginning of the rest of my life! I am the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

Actually, I have no idea what the hell I am doing. And in situations like the one I find myself in, it is best to skip town. So, I have bought at ticket to NYC, the city that never sleeps - and since I am not sleeping right now, it seems like a perfectly logical destination to me. It beats drinking warm milk.

You know, they always say that you should not call on New York - that you should wait until New York calls you. Very wise. To be perfectly honest, I think there MUST be something wrong with my phone, because I think New York has been trying to get through. I have just been out so much these days, and it is such a huge burden for a city of 9 million to leave a message after the tone. I will just have to contact information and patiently explain to them that I am expecting a call and that they should do everything in their power to ensure that ALL of my correspondence gets through.

One must take care of one's correspondence. One must take infinite care with messages of all sorts, methinks.

Let me just go and make that call.

No comments: